Gulf Coast Acupuncture and Fertility
Can CBD Hemp Get You High?
The short answer is…NO! But it does offer many other great attributes. It feels like CBD Hemp seems to have suddenly popped up as this new thing that everybody is using the last few years, doesn’t it? And if it works so well, why has it only started being discussed and suggested in conversations recently? Is this a trend that will only be promoted until the next natural super wonder comes out to replace it? Remember how a while back pomegranate juice suddenly burst on the scene and was sold to us as the antioxidant super fruit? The truth of the matter is CBD Hemp has been around for much longer than you think…it’s just finally being heralded for the incredible healing medicine it is capable of.
For many you ask, CBD is often confused in association with THC, the attribute that supplies the euphoric feeling associated with marijuana. The reason this confusion is so common is because many believe they both come from the same plant, marijuana. The plants are ACTUALLY IN THE SAME PLANT FAMILY, BUT ARE NOT THE SAME PLANT.
Cannabidiol can be a mood enhancer, but doesn’t have the euphoric feeling that impairs our motor skills. In fact, it has been found to have a great deal of medical benefits that treats a variety of ailments and pain conditions.
ENDO-Cannabinoids are naturally produced in our body, and act as messengers that bridge communication between the brain and the body to facilitate common functions. They affect biological functions including eating, anxiety, learning, memory, reproduction, metabolism, growth and development, brain communication, and an array of actions in the nervous system. The critical systems that help us maintain balance and optimum functioning in our body. The additional cannabinoids offered through use of a CBD Hemp product act as an enrichment to the natural production to enhance efficiency.
Instead of using regular pain cream or ointment, it would be beneficial to substitute a CBDH product. These products are safe for everyone since they do not require ingestion. However, you must use a high-quality product that uses an effective carrier oil so the CBDH can reach deeper tissue layers.
The benefits include:
· Pain reduction, especially for back and neck pain.
· Reduces inflammation and arthritic pain.
· Relieves skin conditions like eczema, mosquito bites, and psoriasis.
· Prevents soreness and muscle fatigue.
· Deep relaxation.
· Helps regulate sleep
· Stress & Anxiety
While the positive impacts of Chinese Medicine begin in the treatment room, at-home care is important to support this work. We carry a line of proprietary CBD Hemp Products exclusive to our location. These products are also used in our treatments; the MASSAGE OIL is an Omalani product, and the CBD HEMP HEALING CREAM is used in the post-treatment body work. These pain relief topicals help prolong the positive effects with the added benefits of complimentary essentials including camphor and menthol that provide a cooling and heating sensation to the skin.
· Camphor is an essential oil derived from the wood of the Camphor Tree, a tree native to China and Japan. This natural substance has antiseptic properties as well as analgesic properties. This helps alleviate pain by increasing cutaneous blood flow resulting in cold and hot sensations that interrupt the pain signals in the brain.
· Similarly, a natural compound from the mint plant menthol, has been proven to be an effective counter irritant, to enhance the cooling and heating effects of these powerful analgesic terpenes, we employ a handful of additional terpenes including clove oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, frankincense oil, and more. They not only soothe the skin but offer aromatherapy benefits that help the patient feel more even and rejuvenated.
All of these essential oils are delivered through natural emollient blends; avocado, almond, jojoba seed oil, CBDH from the Cannabis sativa L. hemp plant, and castor oil to nourish the skin throughout sustained treatments.
Chinese medicine and Omalani topicals form a powerful duo, without the complications and side effects potentially delivered by pharmaceutical agents. It’s no wonder these holistic blends in combination with the array of treatments offered at Gulf Coast Acupuncture and Fertility keep our patients coming back again and again.